Thursday, June 16, 2011

One more time & you'll have to leave!

We’re too old to be getting in trouble…aren’t we? Write about a time you were scolded…as an adult.


Thanks Kat for giving me a great writing prompt today!


I'm usually a play by the rules, respectful of others type person - really! I went to Catholic school for 8 years for goodness sake!  But I remember going with my daughter to see Independence Day at the movie theater.  It was really crowded and we couldn't get seats together so I remember when the lights went down - Amy wanted to sit near me so she sat at the end of the aisle on the floor.  We wanted to see the movie so I told her to stay as close as she could to my aisle seat so we wouldn't get in trouble.  I got really verbal when the us vs. aliens "shoot out" came on - and I was told to "keep it down" by an usher!  I was a little embarrassed, but I was also looking around to see who ratted me out.  Who would object to someone cheering for "our" side?  There was a couple mumbling loudly about noise but I didn't tell the usher about them did I?  


I guess that's why I usually watch movies at home now.  I can LMAO as loud as I want or scream at the "bad guys." If someone knocks at the door during my loud laughter or cheering, I don't answer it!


OK dear readers - have you ever been scolded as an adult - or gotten "out of hand" at a movie theater?  Let me know.

3 comments:

Bees With Honey said...

Funny story. You're such a trouble maker!

Stephanie said...

Hhahaaha! Nice post and great topic to write about. I'm not an adult...yet, but I really enjoyed reading your post. Its great:)
I will follow! After commenting of course...
And if you can, please stop by my blog. That would be great!

Kelli said...

Hi Gerri. Remember me?. How funny. We could have a great time at the movies together. We would probably get kicked out. LOL
My kids would call me out all the time. "Please Mom don't say anything." How funny.