Thursday, February 3, 2011

Laughed Until I Cried - and that's a good laugh!

I decided to do a writing prompt from http://www.mamakatslosinit.com/ - thanks Mama Kat!

I like seeing "blooper" shows on TV, and I sometimes laugh but then wince and go "omg" on America's Funniest Videos when someone falls or gets hit by a toddler in the crotch.  I watch Marx Brothers movies
 

and they are so silly, so the laughter for me is pretty easy.

The last time I laughed until I had tears was the bloopers show for Hot in Cleveland. In a way I can relate to these women because they are in my age range, and Betty White, at 89, is still a great comedian with great timing.  I loved watching all the women on the show on their previous shows - Jane Leeves on Frazier, Valerie Bertinelli on One Day at a Time (I actually related to her at the time it was on the air even though I was the older sister in our family), and Wendie Malick on Just Shoot Me.

When was the last time you had a good laugh?

No comments: