Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Bloggy Friends

OK so maybe bloggy isn't a word but it sounds good to me so I'm going to use it.  I have a bunch of blogs I subscribe to via e-mail, some I read through.  I try and reply to some, but I saw this in my e-mail and thought about all the "rodent" pets we've had through the years:

WARNING: if you don't like rats/mice don't read LOL:

http://www.mamakatslosinit.com/2011/01/a-year-in-review/

Kat's January post reminded me of the times I got stuck with pregnant mice and rats.  The first time I was around 10 years old and had a crush on an older boy named Donald.  He said "do you want to buy a mouse for a dollar - I'll give you the food too!" Wow what a deal, huh? My grandmom across the street took her in and pretty soon - babies!  I checked a few days later and no babies.  My grandpop said he "took them for a swim in the Delaware".  I remember hearing something about brothers and sisters not caring if they were related and it was a foggy kind of "birds and bees" talk.

Another blog I follow is   http://thejourneyleadshome.wordpress.com/

Pam deals with chronic illness like myself, and at one point I e-mailed her about losing weight together.  I know I need to, but I am pretty much like


Another blog I like - http://www.fragileannie.com/.  Annie posts things that make me laugh and make me think.

http://lindapetersondesigns.blogspot.com/ - a great online teacher, a really creative person.  I love reading her blogs and looking at her creations - she inspires me.

Here are some funny quotes I find about friends:

1. "A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." ~ Bernard Meltzer
2. "There are three faithful friends, an old wife, an old dog, and ready money." ~ Benjamin Franklin
3. "Money can't buy friends, but you can get a better class of enemy." ~ Spike Milligan
4. "A true friend stabs you in the front." ~ Oscar Wilde
5. "Marriage is a sort of friendship recognized by the police." ~ Anonymous
6. "An old friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a dead body." ~ Jim Hayes
7. "Give me one friend, just one, who meets the needs of all my varying moods." ~ Esther M. Clark
8. "Love is blind. Friendship tries not to notice." ~ Anonymous
9. "I have lost friends, some by death, others through sheer inability to cross the street." ~ Virginia Woolf
10. "Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate." ~ Thomas Jones                                                               

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Hello Mo!!

I love your quotes here...you may just find them used now and then by moi...(with proper accolades to you of course!)

I sure hope that this new year finds you happy...and here is where we all usually say 'and healthy', hmmm how about the Chronic Babes 'AWAP' As Well As Possible? :) We do what we can, eh?

Thank you Mo for reading my sometimes silly rants and leaving comments...I have recommended your site to many friends!!

See ya soooooon
Gentle Hugs----<3

THE OLD GEEZER said...

Greetings from Southern California.

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to :-)

God Bless You, ~Ron

Mr Owens said...

Hi my name is Mr Owens. We urgently need new adopters to provide a loving family. People from all walks of life can adopt children, but in particular we are looking for adoptive parents who will be able to meet a child’s needs. and to those of you looking for baby to adopt, there are children and there are also set of twins, boy and girl here, Like all families, adoptive families come in all shapes and sizes. Interested couples looking forward to adopt the babies should please contact now. So if you’re thinking about starting the adoption process then please contact now at: adoptbabiescare7@yahoo.com or you can also contact us through our website: http://adoptbabiescare7.wixsite.com/mr-owens

there is no need for these children to suffer any more so PLEASE HELP by coming to take them for adoption. Help the little children. Thank you very much.

Hi my name is Mr Owens. We urgently need new adopters to provide a loving family. People from all walks of life can adopt children, but in particular we are looking for adoptive parents who will be able to meet a child’s needs. and to those of you looking for baby to adopt, there are children and there are also set of twins, boy and girl here, Like all families, adoptive families come in all shapes and sizes. Interested couples looking forward to adopt the babies should please contact now. So if you’re thinking about starting the adoption process then please contact now at: adoptbabiescare7@yahoo.com or you can also contact us through our website: http://adoptbabiescare7.wixsite.com/mr-owens

there is no need for these children to suffer any more so PLEASE HELP by coming to take them for adoption. Help the little children. Thank you very much.