Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Kennedy Center Honors - can't wait until new programs come on TV.

TV during the holidays are full of reruns, so that's why I watched the Kennedy Center Honors today (recorded it last night).  OK I do like Oprah and Paul McCartney.  Other honorees were - Merle Haggard, Jerry HermanBill T. Jones.  At one point it looked like Merle was taking a nap, with his hat down LOL.  Jennifer Hudson did a song from the musical "The Color Purple" and she looked fantastic.

Paul McCartney was last to be honored and in my opinion it was pretty good.  Paul was touched when Mavis Staples and James Taylor performed Let it Be, then went into Hey Jude.  Remember going to a concert and holding up a lighter? When they started singing the "nah nah nah nahnah nah" people were holding up their cell phones!  I guess I'm showing my age but I thought it was hilarious.

I did save the Glee episodes that paid tribute to Madonna and Britney Spears - guess I'll be watching those this weekend.  I watched the movie "Nine" but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

A couple of new shows I might be interested in - Off The Map by the creator of Grey's Anatomy and the Executive Producers of Grey's and Private Practice.  Another one is Shameless with William H. Macy.  First one of course I'm a die hard Grey's and Private Practice fan and the second - it looks like "interesting" with a drunk dad, six kids who fend for themselves i.e. an angelic 9 yr. old collecting money for UNICEF but keeping it for herself.

I'm now watching "My Strange Addiction" on TLC.  One woman can't sleep without her blow dryer, and another woman eats a half roll of toilet paper a day.  A commercial came on showing another woman eating Comet CLEANSER!  OK I don't watch The Bachelor - I have to have a "guilty pleasure" LOL.

What show/shows are you looking forward to?

2 comments:

Mo said...

Darn! I missed the Kennedy Center Honors show! I didn't even know it was on or I would have taped it! It seems like I'm always watching something on TV, but I usually just have it on for the backround noise. I do like Ray Romano's new show "Men of a certain age" and I absolutely cannot miss an espisode of Hoarders! Hopefully something new will come on next season that will intetrest me.
mo

Diane J Standiford said...

I'm looking forward to Off the Map too!