Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday, Monday and of course other "stuff"

Happy Labor Day America!  I woke up around 8:30 which is late for me but Rich has the day off so I got to "sleep in"a little.  I was watching Big Brother After Dark last night but with only 4 people left and 3 are guys well - not that interesting LOL.  I was watching Lane lifting weights and Rich comes in and says "WHAT are you watching?" and I said "not much" heehee.


It's starting to feel a bit like fall here - I have my feet covered and wanting some warm apple cider! That's a good thing about living in the Northwest - fresh apples.  I like apples dipped in caramel.  Yeah I know - not diet food but boy is it good.  I like a certain brand of caramel too so I stock up when I can.


Last year this time I was in Arizona waiting for London to come.






That little tiny bundle to that big smiling boy!  I am so lucky to have happy healthy grandchildren and things are starting to look up for my daughter.  She deserves all the good things in life, but I guess that's what all parents want for their children no matter what age.


I'm going to work on myself this fall.  I'm taking a class called Power Stories: tips and tales for standing in your own power and it has come at the right time for me.  I love Rachelle and blogging her *8 Things and I know I will be loving this class.  Even at 53, even saying "no" at times when I need to - I still am a bit "timid" - to get involved, to reach out.  Being a person with fibromyalgia and arthritis and living right now in Oregon it it really rough for me to get out to join a book club, to join a craft class.  I hope after this I will reach out and start my own book club and talk to more people online that share my beliefs, my sense of humor, etc. or people I can learn things from that might not be just like me, but we can learn from each other.


It's hard sometimes to be "just me".  I am more than my illness.  I am still a woman, a wife, a mother , a grandmother, a funny (at times) person.  I'm not afraid to try new things, new foods (there ARE exceptions though).  I started 2 businesses from home with less than $500 and I probably could start something else or give someone else some good ideas.  I used to be a positive person - the glass was half full and sometimes overflowing.  The last five years have been very rough on myself and my family, physically, emotionally.  I lost some of that "positive-ness" and I hope to get some of it back.


OK guess I got off on a tear LOL.  I guess this is about you are never too old or too anything to try and improve yourself or learn something new.  

http://cargocollective.com/learnsomethingeveryday


recipe for a apple crepe

class making fabric beads (saving for later)

easy coconut macaroons - one of my favorites and they are so good!

2 comments:

Heather said...

love the pictures of the bundle of joy! I know how you feel, it can be hard to get out, but if you start a book club on line, let me know. I love bookclubs! I hope you feel better this week!

Migrainista said...

Another Blogger award for you at http://migraine-ista.blogspot.com/2010/09/some-awards.html
I really enjoy your blog!