Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Twitter Tuesday - two I follow and other stuff going on

This is just my opinion after reading and not really knowing these two women.  Yes I do follow them and read their "tweets".  Wonder what it is when you tweet drunk LOL?  I'm not one for coining words or making them up (I always use spell check) but how about "twoops"?  "Sorry too much wine last night - twoops!"

First off - Lindsay Lohan.  She's been in the public eye since age 10 on "Another World" , then the remakes of Parent Trap for Disney.  I did like her in  "Georgia Rule" seeing the movie after I heard about Jane Fonda not being so nice to her in print.  She can be another Robert Downey, Jr., who was and is a talented actor who finally got sober after being in trouble and going to jail to resurrect his career OR she can be Heath Ledger, River Phoenix - who died young from drugs.

Of course this is close to my heart because of my daughter struggling with addictive behavior.  I know people are born with this behavior and circumstances like home life or lack of one can bring it on.  I think Lindsay's mom and dad wanted to be "friends" with her - like I was with Amy.  Wrong choice.  Now all I can do is say I love you no matter what and encourage her to be the smart girl I KNOW she can be.  Lindsay does have talent and she needs people that encourage that talent.  Maybe an older actor/actress can be her "mentor".  I wish her the best and think that really this jail sentence might be just the thing to help her.

OK Sarah Palin.  Buzz about her "goof" (see below) and then her response about making up words and didn't Shakespeare do that also?  She graduated University of Idaho majoring in journalism.
  1. "Refudiate," "misunderestimate," "wee-wee'd up." English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!













  2. Peace-seeking Muslims, pls understand, Ground Zero mosque is UNNECESSARY provocation; it stabs hearts. Pls reject it in interest of healing













  3. Peaceful New Yorkers, pls refute the Ground Zero mosque plan if you believe catastrophic pain caused @ Twin Towers site is too raw, too real

As usual she's stuck her foot in it again.  Maybe I'm terribly naive but I believe there are good and bad in all races, religions, cultures.  I may not believe what the Muslims believe (I don't follow any religion), but just like any religion here in America they have the right to practice it.  And Sarah Palin got a degree in JOURNALISM - really??  OK it's not about Sarah but I did like the segments they did on SNL LOL.  And poor Jon Stewart is on vacation and missing all the fun!

OK I don't know her but I follow her too but I love her - Bethenny Frankl!  Shout out to her today being a co-host on The View.  Love Whoopi, Sherri, even Elisabeth sometimes but Joy is SO annoying!  I'm sure Bethenny can hold her own with her.

Update on my taking Low Dose Naltrexone.  I took the first dose on Thursday, July 15th at 9:00 pm.  It's recommended you take it at night - it will work better.  When I took it I felt kind of "jittery" like too much coffee.  Friday I felt energetic and did some household things.  I can still feel the joint pain and took some extra strength Tylenol.  I've had neck and back pain - that's what started my "journey" to finding out it was fibromyalgia - and that's lessened somewhat.  My pain kind of comes and goes but I've only had one bout of being tired for no reason.  It's no "miracle" cure but I think with me as with anything else it's going to be a long journey.  I'm also thinking of taking DL-Phenylalanine (DLPA) which would help the LDN.  It's not even been a week but I am seeing some result.  I'm going to give it a month.


Links I find interesting:


http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/01/arts/critic-s-notebook-live-from-new-york-permission-to-laugh.html
after Sept 11th - permission to laugh again

http://www.mtv.com/shows/real_world/neworleans2/series.jhtml
ok I have to admit - guilty pleasure LOL

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/update-amys-goodbye/1087961/
was trying to look for a "Governor Paterson" SNL - I was almost ready to cry along with Amy LOL - and I found this instead.

http://circlingmyhead.blogspot.com/2008/02/in-beginning-there-was-no-light.html
and ok this is about a woman starting out a blog knowing she was going to die but she lives on in her children and grandchildren.  Posts are by Renee Khan who's first entry includes "“I have grieved for the life I thought I would have and I have lived in the shadow land. BUT NOW! I have returned and have chosen to be happy, to care and to love.

I got lost in this blog last night - it's beautiful.


Have a great day everyone - I know I will.

1 comment:

Migrainista said...

It seems like whenever Jon Stewart goes on vacation things happen that I wish to have his brand of comic relief for...

I think the SNL skits about Sarah Palin are in the top 10 funniest things they do.