Sunday, July 4, 2010

LDN and other random "stuff"

http://chronicfatigue.about.com/od/treatingfmscfs/p/LDN.htm

Rich had gone to our naturopath because he's having tummy troubles.  Dr. Albin knows I have fibromyalgia and arthritis.  He wrote down naltrexone.  Of course I looked it up and figured "how would a drug that helps people get off narcotics help me?"  Next time Rich went (after I hadn't called Dr. Albin about the drug) and had another note "low dose naltrexone and fibro - look up together".  Ahhh now I remember seeing that in About.  Nine comments and 8 comments seemed to say it helps.  Wish me luck and if you know someone that's taken it or if you've taken it and the results - let me know if you would.

Happy Independence Day America!  I am lucky to live here.  There are flaws but I'm glad I have the right to voice my opinion OUT LOUD without the threat of being killed.  I like watching documentaries, especially about other countries.  I watched "Afghan Star" recently and again loved the country I am in.  I'm writing this blog and thankful I'm not being censored.  I love two movies that are shown on this day - Yankee Doodle Dandy and Independence Day, and I usually record and watch them.

Wouldn't it be nice if this ever happened?  Aliens come to destroy the Earth and the President (Bill Pullman) addresses the pilots that are planning to destroy the aliens:


The President: Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in this history of mankind.

Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps its fate that today is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation.

We're fighting for our right to live, to exist.

And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!

Hope everyone reading this has a great Independence Day and in other countries - have a wonderful day.

Jacquie Lawson's Fourth of July e-card

Trailer for Yankee Doodle Dandy 1942

Guinness World Record Firecrackers

Guinness World Record Fireworks Display

No comments: