Thursday, July 8, 2010

I won! I won - a Versatile Blogger's Award!

WoW!  I am really, really honored, shocked AND surprised.  Thanks Shalunya for giving me this award and I feel the same way - like it's an Oscar or maybe a Grammy - but that's another story LOL!

I do want to thank my loyal readers, commenter's, looky lous LOL.  I only have 22 followers but that's ok - they are a GREAT bunch!

OK according to the rules I have to:

Rule #1: Thank the person who gave you the award.

http://gypsyshalunya.blogspot.com/

I love Renee's spirit and I hope I can truly be one of her online friends to guide her through the world of "chronic Illness" and life afterward

Rule #2: Share seven things about yourself.

1.  For a person that wants to be published I have a fear of being rejected!  Crazy huh?  I would love to write a children's book and a fictionalized version of my life (no one would believe the real stuff LOL).

2.  I LOVE most musicals!  I love old ones from the 30's, 40's and I learned the soundtrack to Sound of Music and West Side Story before I saw the movies.

3. I got brave one day and sang karaoke.  OK so I was a little drunk and the crowd was small LOL but I did it.  I sing in the car and don't care if someone sees me LOL.

4. I grew up wanting to be either a teacher or a veterinarian.  Each one you had to go to college and I goofed off in high school.  I think I have too much heart to be a vet and a teacher - well I think I've taught people plenty of things over the years and I'm proud of that.

5. Guilty pleasure - right now shortbread cookies from our local grocer and Big Brother!  I watched the first time around and then when Dan won, last year I got the live feeds where you can watch 24/7 and this year I am revved up for it LOL.

6. I believe in past lives and I have a fascination for Victorian style houses (and dollhouses).  I think I might have lived in the late 1800's, early 1900's.

7.  Pet peeves - people who stop and look at accidents UGH, ignorance - if you don't know and shoot your mouth off SHAME on YOU, people who throw trash out their windows, on the ground, etc.  Yep I used to be one of them but thanks to Rich I even wrap my gum and put it in my purse until I get home LOL.

Rule #3: Pass the award onto 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and you think are are fantastic!!

1.   Alley Art Studio - got me started to blog!
2.   Carolyn @ BBDish
3.   Gypsy Shalunya
4.   Every Woman Has Her Chair
5.   Serial Drama
6.   Linda Peterson Designs
7.   Desperately Seeking Salem
8.   Heidi Borchers
9.   Oh My Aches and Pains!
10. Chronic Babes
11. Friendly Plastic
12. The Invisible Disease . . .
13. It's Time to Get Over Fragile You Are
14  Liz Welch’s ramblings on Friendly Plastic and Other Matters

Thanks again Shalunya for this award - I am truly honored!

3 comments:

The Bumbles said...

Congrats on your reward. You seem perfect for it! I laughed at your karaoke story. I have done it a couple of times - and in each occasion I too was "a little drunk" - how else could someone who is afraid of rejection muster up the nerve ;0)

Bobbie said...

Congrats on your award!!!! Your blog is always so museful with always something totally randomly cool to learn or think about!!

The Redhead Riter said...

Congrats!