Saturday, June 19, 2010

*8 Things - Celebrate the Sun!


I "borrowed" this picture LOL because I like it.  Prayer Dancing is the name of the painting and the topic came from Magpie Girl is *8 Things of course.  Monday is the beginning of the Summer Solstice and the beginning of summer.  Here in Oregon it's a joke that summer doesn't hit until around the 4th of July.  I know some of you are getting heat and humidity, but all I'm asking for is a little sun LOL.  I guess I'll have to create my own.  I have yellow clay, yellow crayons (yes I have crayons).  

Monday June 21st is the beginning of summer and the Summer Solstice.  It's interesting how this is celebrated world-wide.

OK my 8 things for celebrating the sun -

  1. going to the coast
  2. having a picnic
  3. swimming - haven't done in a long time
  4. either cutting flowers from my yard or buying them in as many colors as I can
  5. eating mango sorbet -my personal favorite
  6. buying and eating seasonal fresh fruit, veggies - corn on the cob anyone?
  7. going to the Oregon State Fair
  8. going to the World Beat Festival
The last two I haven't done in a few years but I think I might get Rich to go with me to the State Fair this year.  World Beat - been there by myself and loved all the different cultures dancing, foods and "stuff" to buy.  Now that I'm doing crafts I can find a lot of stuff to use, inspire me etc.

What are you doing to celebrate?

1 comment:

Mo said...

I love that picture, she is just beautiful. Today was very hot and humid here in Chicago, but I went outside and sat in the shade. My boys bought new patio furniture for Dad for Father's Day, so I watched them put it together. Then the cat got out and.....oh well, you know how those kind of days happen. Glass of wine and reading my blogs is a good way to end the day.
mo