I "borrowed" this picture LOL because I like it. Prayer Dancing is the name of the painting and the topic came from Magpie Girl is *8 Things of course. Monday is the beginning of the Summer Solstice and the beginning of summer. Here in Oregon it's a joke that summer doesn't hit until around the 4th of July. I know some of you are getting heat and humidity, but all I'm asking for is a little sun LOL. I guess I'll have to create my own. I have yellow clay, yellow crayons (yes I have crayons).
Monday June 21st is the beginning of summer and the Summer Solstice. It's interesting how this is celebrated world-wide.
OK my 8 things for celebrating the sun -
- going to the coast
- having a picnic
- swimming - haven't done in a long time
- either cutting flowers from my yard or buying them in as many colors as I can
- eating mango sorbet -my personal favorite
- buying and eating seasonal fresh fruit, veggies - corn on the cob anyone?
- going to the Oregon State Fair
- going to the World Beat Festival
The last two I haven't done in a few years but I think I might get Rich to go with me to the State Fair this year. World Beat - been there by myself and loved all the different cultures dancing, foods and "stuff" to buy. Now that I'm doing crafts I can find a lot of stuff to use, inspire me etc.
What are you doing to celebrate?