Thursday, May 27, 2010

*8Things: Improved Eating

OK I found this badge on my Artist's Way teacher Dayna's blog and the originator is Rachelle Mee-Chapman - 8 Things Thursdays. This week it's - Improved Eating.

I am eating less red meat and more chicken. I do drink a lot of water - almost a gallon a day. It helps with my skin and with taking opiates that are constipating and it fills me up. I am on a Snapple Iced Tea kick though right now but I still drink water in between LOL. I have improved my eating habits - not too much red meat, more whole wheat or 12 grain bread, more seafood. I also like whole grain pasta, fresh ground peanut butter. I try not to eat processed food. I used to eat a lot of frozen dinners because they were "easy".


Things I need to improve on: fruits and veggies. Fresh, organic. I like just about every fruit except maybe cantaloupe and honeydew melons and veggies except Brussels sprouts, parsnips, turnips. I've eaten plain yogurt with frozen fruit and honey and I LOVE strawberries in season, peaches and apples. Watermelon


I've read lots of stuff that say it lessens the pain of fibromyalgia and arthritis. I take calcium/magnesium, omega 3, Vitamin D. Not sure if they help, but I guess they don't hurt. If I took all the supplements that are recommended I'd be eating pills all day LOL.


There's always room for improvement in eating, exercise, etc. I'm not a "diet" person. I did try Weight Watchers online and I just about went crazy LOL. Three weeks and I was done. I saw the Oprah show with Geneen Roth who wrote the book "Women, Food and God". They had women in the audience who've gone through a lifetime of dieting and disappointment. The guidelines for "intentional" eating are:

Eat sitting down in a calm environment. This does not include the car.
Eat without distractions. Distractions include radio, television, newspapers, books, intense or anxiety-producing conversations or music.
Eat what your body wants.
Eat until you are satisfied.
Eat (with the intention of being) in full view of others.I am guilty of eating in front of the TV and the only time I probably can eat would be breakfast and lunch when Rich is at work. I'll have to try it and see if it works and try all the others suggestions.

OK here are some links:


a video about the Tinsel Trading Company


and the catalog - they have tons of beautiful stuff!

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

I love the idea of intentional eating. We already do quite a bit of that on our own. Now i have the verbiage to explain it to others. Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

Excellent topics, I really like this topics. Can you please publish more articles? After long searching I found this online that, the best chiropractic clinic helps people in Lawrenceville GA with back pain, neck pain, headaches. Call their office and speak to any one of their friendly staff to make an appointment for a FREE consultation.
lawrenceville chiropractor

Rachelle Mee-Chapman said...

I really need to stop eating at my desk with my computer. Thanks for the reminder!