Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Where to find local strawberries in Salem OR

This is for Rebekah - she asked me about where to find local farms and/or u-pick. Hubby got the strawberries I posted about at EZ Orchards but I found this other site on u-picks, farms, tc.

http://www.pickyourown.org/ORsalem.htm

I know Olson's has beautiful fruit and they have u-pick also.

It's best to call these places before you go or check out the websites.

I've never picked fruit on a farm. I did go to an unnamed park with hubby and our daughter Amy when she was younger and picked blackberries. We would look around occasionally but boy was it fun LOL. We were also in a national park and picked salmon berries I think it was. Never tried them before but it was fun eating right off the bush. Nothing like it!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Hey, that's a great site! Thanks for finding this info for me and for all of us, I'm sure. I love living in a place where we can get such fresh produce straight from the farms.