Saturday, June 6, 2009

Mother Nature



I was trying to find a good picture of some lightning. This isn't outside my back or front window but it will do. The storm Thursday came up suddenly - at least to me. I'm not a "storm watcher". I'm the one sitting inside thinking "please don't let the lights go out" LOL. You don't see too many storms here in Salem. Our dogs who bark at just about anything slept right through it.



We had lots of storms in the summer in Philadelphia, where I was born and raised. They'd come and go quickly, and sometimes it was fun seeing the lightning in the sky. I just wanted to go back outside and play. Sometimes I didn't even wait - I'd go out in the rain in my bathing suit.





I would do that now except when it rains here it's usually not that warm and people would look at me funny LOL. But you know what? I think I'm at the age where I don't give a damn. That's right. Even though I'd be hanging out all over the place with my black one piece suit if I had my grandkids here and they wanted to go out and play in the rain I'd do it. It just doesn't look right by myself ya know?



Links for today:


caution for those that don't like rats LOL. We had a few pet rats and I think they are pretty intelligent but other people I know have different opinions




for those that don't have Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro here's an online photo painting tool which uses the colors of an image to paint - have fun!


1 comment:

Bobbie said...

Aren't you seeing the kids in August? I will pray for rain so that you can dance in the street with your glorious swimsuit on with them!!!!