Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Follow that sound . . .

I just saw the second season opener of The Cleaner. I love it all the more because it's based on a real life person, Warren Boyd - an "extreme" interventionist. Benjamin Bratt - I've got a huge crush on him and yes he's a good actor also. Whoopi Goldberg still astounds me. I see her as referee on The View sighing or making a face when the others are cackling too loud LOL but she kicks ass as an actress still.

Thank goodness for our DVR but I did get sucked up in the media coverage of the deaths of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. I wrote about it on Myspace:

I didn't know either Farrah Fawcett or Michael Jackson but I knew OF them. The media can be really cruel but talent still shines through. I watched the fluffy Charlie's Angels and the gripping Extremities and the "reality" of Chasing Farrah and the brave fighting of cancer in the NBC documentary. It tore my heart out to see her son get out of jail and he got into bed with her to hold her after he said "Mommy, it's Red". Yesterday morning I was expecting the news but ever positive she would hold on and fight it. I shed some more tears today thinking about her son getting the news of his mother's death in jail. It was good to hear my daughter's voice today and to tell her I loved her, to hug my husband. Then later on the same day the shock of Michael Jackson's death.

I just read Lisa Marie Presley's blog saying how she thought she could "save" him like all or almost all women think they can do with the men they love. I read about his feeling more comfortable on stage because he felt loved there. He only knew the stage since 5 years old and off stage was pain - physical, verbal, maybe even sexual abuse. He was forever a Peter Pan. I can't believe he was one year and one day younger than myself. I feel bad for his children who are possibly going to be caught in a tug of war. I was heartbroken when the allegations of sexual abuse from him to some young boys was brought out. His talent came at a price. If he was not "perfect" he would be beaten with a belt so he learned his and all his brothers music just in case. So sad.I have good memories of Michael's music though.

First song I saw as a video was "Beat It" when I was pregnant with Amy. I would watch MTV on Friday nights when my husband worked. I remember the Jackson 5 when I was younger and listen to all that music even today.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqxo1SKB0z8

Farrah and Michael - rest in peace, you are no longer in pain.

That being said - I'm going to enjoy today because it's supposed to be beautiful here in Salem.

http://eyesaflame.blogspot.com/2009/06/found-installation-art-in-philadelphia.html
found this through a blog I follow - maybe I can visit the Magic Gardens next time I visit home.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3035532/0~2376780~6009391~6016656~6016690?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6016690&P=1
ok so I'm a closet glitter queen LOL

Have a beautiful day and tell at least 3 people you love them!