Sunday, May 31, 2009

Strawberries!



Local Oregon strawberries. Can't believe they are out already. Usually when I cut them I have to take some off the sides, etc. but these babies I just cut the tops off or ate them right out of the container LOL. Beautiful - and naturally sweet too. I also love eating them with some angel food cake - yummy!


This to me means a part of nature. Beautiful fruit and vegetables that tastes good. One time I was out in the woods and saw some mountain strawberries. I took them and grew them in a big container in our yard. I didn't think any would grow but we had a few come out and they were pretty good.

I remember in my grandmother's yard. She had a peach tree and I couldn't wait to eat them right off the tree. She also made a peach custard dish that I can still taste - it reminds me of summer. Also she made peach ice cream - it was to die for!

Here are some links for today:
man what wrecks LOL - gives me a giggle!
this is beautiful - 500 years of women in western art in under 3 minutes
one of my fellow Creative Every Day bloggers

3 comments:

Salem Man said...

my strawberry plants are huge this year. Can't wait for the strawberries to ripen.

Rebekah said...

Do you know of a good place to get local strawberries straight from the farm? Maybe even U-pick? I'd like to get a lot and freeze them this year.

Dayna Collins said...

The berries look deeelishious! Makes me want to get myself down to Wednesday Market (early) to get me some.