Friday, February 13, 2009

A great day yesterday - I feel refreshed!

I met with Bobbie from my Artist's Way class. We met at Reed Opera House here in Salem. I love all the different shops, and I'm hoping to see a play there one of these days. Bobbie's original invite was to see a play but the last few days have been rough (my fibro) and I'm lucky to sit for an hour. I'm putting that on the back burner - we will get there. I haven't seen a play since Annie in New York - I was around 20 I think.

We looked around at the different stores and ate at a Greek restaurant. Bobbie had Moussaka and I had Spanakopita. We also went to a cute shop and Bobbie got a life size replica of the iron in Monopoly (I'm usually the dog LOL) and I got some lip gloss. We both saw these cute rings by the check out and I got the pink - it reminded me of a pink diamond that I'm hoping to get one of these days HINT HINT.

Bobbie & I talked about anything and everything - like we had known each other for years. It's good to have a woman friend to talk to face to face. Can't wait for us to go exploring again. There are some places in Salem I haven't seen and of course I'll be taking Bobbie to eat different types of food. I had mentioned the West African Peanut Soup at Lifesource - kind of spicy and the first thing I've eaten with peanuts or peanut butter. Really good! Before the Artist's Way Tuesday we'll be going to Da Vinci's - I haven't been there and I love Italian food.

Things are looking up. I'm usually such a positive person and always tell people "it could be worse" etc. but lately all I see is day-to-day. Bobbie reminded me about the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm still digging my way through but I am seeing it - there's a pinhole of light I see in the distance - thank you friend.

Some links of interest:

http://thedailykitten.com/

http://www.rhapsody.com/charts?cat=artist&category=allcharts

http://www.thedailygreen.com/living-green/blogs/recycling-design-technology/freecycle-new-york-free-stuff-460209?src=nl&mag=tdg&list=dgr

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time....excited for the West African Elephant Soup!!!! Thanks for a wonderful afternoon.
You ARE a Real Live Artist!!
YCP,
Me